Electronic Books at the New York Public Library
How to Find eBooks in CUNY Catalog
In addition to searching by author and title, use the Command Search to limit results to eBooks available to Graduate Center patrons by including "wow=gc and wfm=bk and wpd=c" in the search. For more information, see "Electronic Books at the Graduate Center."
How to Read eBooks
- Find most CUNY and Graduate Center eBooks in the CUNY Catalog, with links to the full text.
- Select aneBook database, enter Graduate Center network userid/password (if off-campus) and then search by author/title/subject/keyword.
- Some eBooks are licensed for CUNY-wide use; others are licensed only to invididual CUNY campuses.
- CUNY-wide eBooks are also available through the CUNY proxy server.
- Graduate School of Journalism eBooks are licensed only to CUNY GSJ students, not to Graduate Center students.
- Graduate Center students and faculty do not have access to eBooks owned by other campuses.
- Use CLICS to request a print copy of any unavailable CUNY book or eBooks. Use ILL if the E-book is unavailable in CUNY in print. eBooks may not be borrowed.
- Printing and downloading is often prohibited or limited by eBooks vendors. The Graduate Center has no control over these policies.
- Information about using eBooks through New York Public Library may be found at ebookCentral.