Skip to Main Content

Research Guides


E-Reserves Item Pages

Beginning with the Spring 2021 semester, all reserves items will be made available using our E-Reserves platform instead of the library catalog.

  • Each course will have its own password-protected page to access materials.
  • Course instructors will inform students of the password. Library personnel are NOT permitted to share passwords with students.
  • Free electronic access will be limited to the course instructor and students.
  • Material will be removed from E-Reserves at the end of the semester.

View all course listings

Accessing Articles in Blackboard

Once you login to Blackboard, all courses for which you are properly registered will automatically display. If there is not a course display where you think there should be, it may be that your instructor has not “set availability” for the course. If you are auditing a course, your instructor can add you to the course or seek assistance from IT Services.

Instructors usually post reserve readings and/or links to books on reserve in the Graduate Center Library in the Documents section of the course page, available on the left panel. But they may post readings in other Blackboard sections as well.

Some Grad Center departments use “Grad Exams” to post or link to readings required for 1st and/or 2nd exams. Find your department’s Grad Exam under “My Organizations” on the lower right panel. You may also do an “Organization Search” (lower left Search Tools) for “grad exam” to find a list of departments. Use the Enroll button to enroll yourself in the “Grad Exam” for your department.