Additional Library Resources
Urban Education Resource Guide
This guide provides you with easy access to resources related to urban education. Use the tabs towards the top of the page to go to the relevant section.
- To find sources for journal articles select the 'Articles' tab
- To find sources for newspaper articles select the 'Newspapers' link under the 'Articles' tab
- To find print and electronic books select the 'Books' tab
- To search for dissertations select the 'Dissertations' tab
- For information on bibliographic citation styles and citation managers such as Zotero select the 'Citing Sources' tab
- For statistical sources select the 'Statistics' tab
- For local and federal governmental information select the 'Federal & Local Govt Info' tab
- For information on grants and fellowship opportunities select the 'Funding' tab
These workshops and others can also be found on the library calendar
Unless otherwise noted, register for each workshop by clicking on the title.
Data for Social Justice (register for each section separately)
This class will introduce various sources of data (including demographic, economic, and social data) that can be analyzed and mapped to advance social justice initiatives.
This class will cover different web applications and software available for analyzing and visualizing demographic, economic, and social data.
This class will explore both free and subscription GIS resources that can be used to create compelling maps that advance social justice causes.
SPSS (register for each section separately)
This class will give a general overview of the SPSS statistical package: What is it? What can it do? What do you need to know to get started with it?
This hands-on workshop will cover SPSS in more depth: How do you enter and explore data with SPSS? How do you manage and analyze your data?
This class will introduce the metrics currently used to evaluate scholarly journals, authors, and articles, and will discuss the effect on impact of making works available open access.
Mina Rees Library
CUNY Graduate Center
365 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10016-4309